The Bone Marrow and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Program at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center is an internationally known center of excellence, providing a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach for patients with cancer and blood diseases in need of stem cell transplant.
Patients come to our transplant program from the tri-state region, across the nation, and around the globe. In 2014, the Transplantation Program performed 170 stem cell transplants utilizing state-of-the-art technologies to provide the best, most comprehensive care available.
Each patient’s treatment is individualized to address his or her changing needs and goals. Our multidisciplinary team provides state-of-the-art care in a manner that is compassionate and respectful — before, during, and after transplant.
Why Choose Our Program
Our program is one of the nation’s leading centers in stem cell transplantation, including:
Intensive chemotherapy, usually for patients with lymphoma, myeloma or auto-immune disorders followed by rescue with the patient’s own stem cells.
Matched allogeneic transplant
A transplant from a related or unrelated donor with a similar HLA type. The treatment of choice for many patients with blood disorders, lymphoma or myeloma.
Mismatched allogeneic transplant
A transplant from a related or unrelated donor with a different HLA type. For patients who lack an HLA identical donor and are in need of a transplant. A novel procedure combining umbilical cord blood with cells from a family donor has excellent outcomes.
Umbilical cord allogeneic transplant
Transplant of stem cells from umbilical cord blood from an unrelated donor
A transplant from an identical twin donor
- Truly Multidisciplinary For the best outcomes a transplant needs to be combined with the newest medical treatments. We are closely integrated with world-class teams of lymphoma, leukemia and myeloma experts and can provide the most effective treatment plan.
- Clinical Research Clinical trials are important to improve outcomes and to offer new options. Weill Cornell Medical College conducts more studies in hematological malignancies than any of our regional peers. Click here to learn more about our clinical trials.
- Setting New Boundaries Older adults are healthier than ever and expect effective therapies. We have designed novel forms of transplant that offer hope and success to older patients with leukemia. Thanks to our haplo-cord program, we find a donor for all, regardless of age or ethnic background. As a result, we offer more allogeneic transplants for older adults than any other center in the tri-state area.
- One of the Best Hospitals in the Country When complications arise, the outcome is determined by the strength of the other medical services. NewYork-Presbyterian is ranked as the premier hospital in the tri-state area and among the top ten hospitals in the nation. The expertise of our consulting team is unsurpassed.
- Compassion and Comfort Our patients and families cope with life-threatening illness. Sensitivity and compassion are foremost on the mind of our team. Comfort is provided by our beautiful patient rooms, but also by the hospital-owned facilities on site.
- Outpatient Transplant For selected patients outpatient transplant has great advantages. Patients and a caregiver stay at the Helmsley hotel and are seen every day by our outpatient team. Click here to learn more about our Outpatient Transplant program.
FACT Accredited Transplant Program
FACT Accredited Apheresis and Marrow Collection Facility
FACT Accredited Processing Laboratory
NMDP Accredited Transplant Program
NMDP Accredited Apheresis and Marrow Collection Program
Joint Commission Accredited Hospital
NYSDOH Accredited Apheresis and Marrow Collection Facility
CAP Accredited Processing Facility